For the mash potatoes
1. Add the potatoes potatoes to a medium sized pot and cover with water. Add some salt to the water and bring to boil. When the water is boiling, lower the heat and bring the water to a simmer. Allow the potatoes to cook until they are soft enough to mash easily, (about 15 minutes).
2. When the potatoes are fully cooked, pour out most of the water but leave about 1/4 of a cup in the pot. Then add 1/4 oat milk to the potatoes and bring to a boil.
3. Prepare a medium sized bowl and add your wild garlic to it. Then, scoop the potatoes out of the pot a few at a time, add them to the bowl and start mashing with a fork (or potato masher if you have). Add the hot liquid from the pot a small amount at a time and continue to add and mash the rest of the potatoes until it’s the consistency you desire. As you’re mashing, add the garlic powder, vegan butter and salt.
For the filet with dijon-herb crust:
1. While your potatoes are cooking, start preparing the filet. Preheat the oven to 190c. Prepare a small oven tray with wax paper. Take the filet out of the pack and sprinkle each side with salt and very lightly coat in oil or vegan butter.
2. Next, add all your chopped and dry herbs and garlic to a small bowl.
3. Then, take your mustard and gently spread it over each side of the filet. Then, dip each side into the herb mix and generously cover it with herbs. You might need to also use your hands to make the herbs stick to the mustard.
TIP: prepare one side of the filet with mustard and herbs first, so when you put it down the mustard won’t get messed up. Then finish the rest of it.
4. When the filet is covered with herbs & mustard, put it in the oven and bake for 15 minutes. Then remove from the oven.
For the asparagus
1. Prepare a small tray with baking paper. Add the asparagus to the tray and gentle toss it in a little oil and salt. You can add this into the oven with the filet. Bake the asparagus for approximately 6-8 minutes
For the fig sauce
1. Add all the fig sauce components to a small bowl and mix well.
When all your components are ready, put them on a plate and feast!