For the Spanish-ish rice
1. Heat a medium non-stick pan or pot. Add your spices to the pan and toast them for a minute or two, until they’re fragrant.
2. Next, add a little olive oil and rice to the pan. Toast the rice for about 2-3 minutes until it starts to slightly brown. Then add the water, tomato sauce, garlic, soy sauce, salt & pepper. Cover and allow to cook for about 15 minutes, mixing as it starts to thicken.
3. Remove from the heat when the rice has absorbed all the water and allow to cool.
For the veggies
1. Heat a non-stick pan and add some oil. When the oil is hot, add the mushrooms. Sauté the mushrooms for about 7 minutes until they start to brown. Then add garlic, a splash of wine, thyme, asparagus, and spinach. Cover for 2 minutes and then mix. Do this a few times until the spinach and everything else is completely cooked.
For the beans
1. Open your can of beans and pour about 1/2 of the liquid out of the can, but not all of it!
2. Heat a small pot. Add your cumin powder, a little oil, and garlic. Sauté the garlic for 1 minute, then add the beans. Bring the beans to boil and then lower the heat. Allow them to simmer and cook for about 10 minutes. Then remove the beans from the heat.
Juicy Marbles with buffalo-enchilada sauce
1. Mix your hot sauce, tomato sauce, oregano, soy sauce, vinegar, maple syrup, garlic powder & salt in a bowl.
2. Next, cut your meat into bite sized chunks. Heat a non-stick pan and add some oil. When the oil is hot, add the meat. Sprinkle the meat with some salt and allow it to cook until each side is crispy.
3. When the meat is done, pour the sauce over it and toss the meat in the sauce. Cook the meat for another minute in the sauce as the sauce thickens and caramelizes slightly. After about 1-2 minutes, turn off the heat.
For the pico de gallo
1. In a small bowl, add all the pico de gallo ingredients. Mix well, and that is it!
Assembling the burrito
1. Heat a non-stick pan to medium heat.
2. Lay your tortilla down on a clean surface. Add all your components into the middle of the tortilla while leaving enough empty space on the sides to fold the burrito. Fold each side inwards and then roll the burrito.
3. Place your burito on you heated pan. Toast it for a few seconds n each side until it’s nicely browned. Then dig in!! Serve with sour cream, nacho’s and guac!